7.10.2006

White Pine Trail, Soap Box, Zidane

On Saturday I took a bike ride from my house up through Riverside Park and then on to the White Pine Trail. I ended up a little park that I never new existed on Rogue River. There was a small 1 mile, dirt trail loop that ran alongside the river. The total trip was about 21 miles. Significant learning on the Trip:

- There are Go-carts 5 miles from my house
- I maxxed out at 26.5 mph on the hill coming down from my house (soap box derby speeds)









France Lost! UGH! I can't stand Italy and their defensive, boring, uninspired football. It makes me feel like all my World Cup watching was worthless. What a disappointing way to end. I love Zidane for head-butting Materazzi. Most likely the defender made a racial slur that sparked the incident. Zidane has Algerian roots and early reports are that the Italian defender called him a "terrorist", which sparked Zidane to retaliate with a precise and forceful blow with his head to the guys chest. In typical Italian fashion, Materazzi flopped to the ground and rolled in "pain".

BBC Photo

No comments: